Posted by Hiro on 04/18/2013 in 未分類
I am not talk about Japanese snacks today, Sorry. Today’s post is about a book/author of my lifetime.
Last Friday, Haruki Murakami’s new book “Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his year of Pilgrimage” was published. Of course, I reserved it and got on Friday in lunch time, and read through whole night^^ I havent done this for long time.
<CAUSION> From now on, I am going to write a contents of new book, so please dont read if you dont wanna know it. I understand that and dont wanna take a fun from you.
This is the cover designed by Morris Louis.
So lets go inside^^
What I gonna write here is nothing but my impression after the first time reading. So, there are no quotations from his book, no explanation of a story, and no deep considerations literary^^
In “Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his year of Pilgrimage”, it can be seen his universal themes, which are loss and regeneration, and darkness that hide in the heart. So to speak, it is Haruki’s world we are familiar with.
However, impression or feel from new book has changed a bit.
For example - you eat pasta in familiar restaurant – same carbonara. It should be same taste, but something different. You ask chef if there are any change, and chef says “Oh, we change supplier of eggs and types of milk”
……understand? hahaha To people dont understand＾＾ – It is same past but different materials, so feeling of taste is different.
This -a change of impression- is because of :
- Story of present age (2011~2012)
- the best friends in past (This kind of characters never shown on his book)
- feel sympathy with main character more than any of his book (my personal feeling)
1. It was kinda shocking when I found words “Google” and “Facebook” in his book. Not a bad meaning, I felt a sense of discomfort I think this is the first time that he wrote about present.
2. It might be my misunderstanding, but protagonists in his past book does not have the best friends, especially from a high school. Probably “the Rat” from “Hear the wind sing”? Those friends in this book were troubled with a realistic problems like us.
3. Main characters in his book are usually very carefree, and have a certain distance with social. The protagonist in this book is slightly different with others, I think. In any characters of his books, I felt a sense of affinity with characters in hits book the most.
Tsukuru Tazaki, currently working as designer of station, lost his best friends when he was 20.These friends were everything of his life. This is like “One day, suddenly, lost everything of his life”. For next 6 months, he only thought about his death.
“One day, suddenly, lost everything of his life” – To me, this seems to link with 3.11 EQ in Japan. We also lost everything unreasonable and suddenly by EQ. I looked the recovery process of disaster area and Tsukuru Tazaki’s story overlap.
the past wound or loss, we can only get over in what face each other and are swallowed? Even get over it, things are waiting there may not be good.
Many thing has been lost, and never come back.
Even so, we have to keep living like that. Because, we can not delete the history even if I can hide the memory. Even if something changes conclusively and is lost in the time when I cannot move back, time does not take all away. I can always keep memory and a heart as a heart.
Thats my impression from the first time reading this book^^
I wanna talk more but waiting everyone read a book.
Please do not hesitate to comment if you have any
Arigato and matane
P.S When Tsukuru’s girlfriend got caught being unfaithful, I was so shock because I just experieenced same shit in couple weeks ago^^